March 15, 2005

ganga...yamuna....saraswathi

Once we received a house warming ceremony invitation…mom, dad n myself were there on the day…the house was big n beautiful…a two bedroom independent house…marbled floors…….wardrobes …..lovely balcony……swing in the main hall….one thing tat pricked me was tat the kitchen was as big as the main hall and bigger than one of the bedrooms….i asked tat uncle “ why have made this kitchen so big ?”
He replied…..” tats becoz I care for my wife….” I wasn’t able to understand……I had a interrogative facial expression…He continued…” my wife spends most of her time in the kitchen and hence I made it big……..so that she doesn’t bang on anything when she moves around”…and he showed me the wardrobes exactly positioned to her height…….
I didn’t like his answer……does he really care for her??
“Kirche, Küche, Kinder” is a German saying means church, kitchen, children …….during the nazi period, was said to be the proper interests of women
our people are more clever……named all rivers…in her name….nice cheating business!!
Of course the Bible says…..women are helpmate made for man but tat doesn’t mean that they are made …………just to slog in the kitchen and take care of the children??
Don’t tell me tat women can do it better!

No comments: