May 07, 2007

seize the moment!


As the green leaves turn into brown,
They leave their hold on stems and flutter down.
As the aroma of the seas join the night breeze
And the newborn stars start filling the trees.

I am wondering since the day I fell in love
With the vast stretches of night sky and the twinkles above
Silent words through my eyes retreat,
As dewdrops lay deep on my face and feet

Dark clouds blanketing like the thoughts in mind,
And I stare back at the boulevard I’ve just left behind.
Life on the edge of maple grass leaf brims on the surface of the land,
It grows and blooms as crimson across the sand

The sound of the waves, brushing against my past inside
Like the sand sticking on to my feet and my longing for them to slide.
As I walk ahead towards my goal on the road I see others running past.
The dust they kick up and the aura never lasts

But no one ever stops running just to lie on that sand–
To break free from the world, seize the moment, and to hold our dreams in our hand.

No comments: