February 10, 2005

My favorite colors.......

I love to watch sparrows building its nest in one corner of the laft in my room…oh how cute they are……

I like to wake by the sound of the perching birds that dwell just next to my window in the big guava tree in my garden……oh how sweet they are…….

In the morning I always wished that my rose plant gave me a few roses, my white, pink and red shoe flower had some colors on them, all my kanakambaram had bunches of red displays and my white samanthi gave me bunches of beautiful flowers. Never had I plucked them and any does……..tats the end of their life………. When I come to know that someone in my absence has plucked it pains a lot for me. I cry the whole day and the next and the next until the person who plucked replaces another new plant of the kind instead of the flower. This has happened twice.

I love strolling in my garden (not very big but all plants and trees neatly planted). I have 6 banana, 1 goose berry, 7 papaya, 3 mango, 7 coconut, 4 pomegranates, 1 lemon, 2 orange, 2 neem trees. I also have lots of flowers other than the ones specified above, like antheriums, many more I don’t the names……….i will be happy if any one can help me name them………Pastor says that our garden is the GARDEN OF EDEN…….oh how blessed I am to posses the GARDEN OF EDEN.

My dad waters all my plants. Should se then dance when water reaches them ……..more cute when it rains…..they literally dance……

I love the smell of the soil when the first drops of rain fall on the ground……..its incredible……..

I love stand in my parapet during summer evenings amidst the mysterious fragrance of my climber jasmine ……oh my God ………what heavenly incense…….. I do have another shrub jasmine (madurai malli)…….it pulls my neighbors and theirs too…..

I love to watch the night sky adorned with its beautiful jewelry ……the stars……I keep watching them for hours together……

I love the little children who live near my house……..they thought me play cricket indeed I dint know how to hold the bat……the first time I remember I was given the bat and asked to bat and I was hold it and standing ………one cute small one came and said “Akka ungallu bat pidikave theriyala flat end towards the ball Akka” (means you don’t know to hold the bat) . There was a group of big guys who roared in laughter. I felt embarrassed. The cute little one said “enga Akka epothan kathukuranga neenga parunga sekrama ungaloda nalla vellivaduvanga” (means my sister is learning cricket now, soon she will play better than you people). I always loved them and they loved me.

We have a dining table at home but I always preferred to sit in the floor for lunch…I never sat on it unless I was compelled to when some guests where at home.

We have silver, porcelain and stainless steel plates, but I always preferred a banana leaf….Oh what aroma nothing can take its place…if it was a lotus leaf …….i would love that more………lotus leaf happens only if I visit my native place……..

Food, what ever may be mixed by mom, made into balls and put in my mouth is the best I ever had and will ever have……. esp during exams I always had tat…….. mom u r gr8…..

The list goes on……….

Note: few things may seem silly but for me it’s different

3 comments:

Loveena Raj said...

Hmmmm.... Nostalgic - reminds me of my favourite song - "Raindrops on Roses and whiskers on kittens ..."

Till today - I love those 'whiskers on kittens and the dark lil nose of puppy dogs'...

:-)

DreamClicks said...

simple and down to earth.

and with that list you call it a small garden?!?! but lucky to have them coz in the apartment culture you hardly get to see greenery around

and banana leaf.... ah that is one thing i can neva handle... i somehow dun prefer eating on that... i jst dun find it comfy!!

che sara sara said...

i live in the outskrits of the city n that is why a garden is possible....even if i were in the city evn then i will have a garden but where will go for water?? i love plants......