May 04, 2005

Name....

My muse Phantom the Great…. his post on his nephews name http://mayavi.blogspot.com/2005/04/my-nephews-names.html had inspired me to write this

I was out few years back to Geetha Gyana Yagna….one Swamiji out on the alter there was discussing a lot a of things about life, way of living, logics behind Hinduism …I liked all what he said…..his talk inspired me a lot…..and me started to many such meetings…one day…he signaled to me to go to the alter near him…I looked back to see if it was someone else…but no ……it was me whom he was calling……I went to him….
He asked me “what is your name?”
I said “Sophia”….
He asked, “do you know the meaning of your name”…
“I don’t know” was my answer to him
He told me find out the meaning of my name….i didn’t know where to go and find out…I just left it…once one of my friends while talking about names…told me that the meaning of my name was “wise and beautiful” ….he knew this coz Sophi was a part of his name too……I just dindt bother much about it….the next Geetha Gyana Yagna .…the swamiji again called me….and asked me whether I had found out the meaning of my name……I remained silent….he confirmed what my friend had told….. ……

Am I wise and beautiful…. ….i don’t know….i think i am neither wise nor beautiful…I am just a down to earth a simple person…..

Coming to the subject again…..what do parents think when they name their children….do all names have meanings….and does the meaning in present or in future relate to the individuals character??? (forget numerology…)
Any idea???

No comments: