December 23, 2005

The Christmas Wish

set4000

With his small hands clasped together
He kneeled beside his bed
Trying to wipe the tears away
This is what the small boy said.
Dear Lord, I miss my daddy so
He's been gone almost a year
And it's really hard on mom right now
Since Christmas Eve is here.

set41_star

I do my best to help her
I've done the things I should
If you'll please bring me a puppy dog
I promise to be good.
I get to missing dad so much
Though I know he's there with you
I think a pup would cheer me up
And soothe me when I'm blue.

set41_star

So, the little boy fell off to sleep
And drifted far away
He dreamed of fluffy puppy dogs
That chased him in his play.
Then something strange awakened him
In the middle of the night
He felt a presence in the room
But no one was in sight.

set41_star

The little boy looked all around
There was not a soul to greet
But a small and fluffy puppy
Curled up there at his feet.
Wishes really do come true
In his heart he felt so glad
The tag attached said simply
To you dear son .... from Dad.

set41_star


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL....

psst...landed in my inbox...

No comments: