February 22, 2005

Mr.X disconnected this time…….and never connected again…..

Yesterday had to invigilate in the internal examinations of the 2nd yr masters students (my own class)…it was a two hours paper of co-ordination chemistry……I hear a mobile ringing from the students side…..S (one of my students) was sitting in the first row…
I asked him “whose mobile is ringing?”
He said ”mam as usual its……”
I replied “P”
He said “yes mam”
P was in the 6 row of the gallery classroom. I went up there and told him “ no mobiles during examination….give it to me” . Without uttering a word he gave me the mobile. I took it from him and came down and stood in front of the altar. The mobile started vibrating. I showed P that his mobile was ringing……he signaled me to talk……
Me : Hello
Ms.X: Hello
Me: yes
Ms.X: P……P
Me: Tell me
Ms.X: I want to talk with P
Me: Tell me …..i will convey the message to him
Ms.X: No…I want to talk with him…..are you his girl friend?
Me: can I know who you are?
Ms.X: I am Swati calling from Bangalore…..i want to talk with P
Me: Are you his relative?
Ms.X: No…..
Me: Then who?
Ms.X: Friend…I wanto talk to P
Me: P is writing his exams…..
Ms.X: When will he be free?
Me: May be an hour
Ms.X: Are you his girl friend
Me: I am his teacher!!
Ms.X: shiveringly……sorry mam
I looked at the number in the mobile. It was stored in the name “New friend”. The internals got over. I gave him the mobile to P. He was standing there hesitatingly he came to me and asked me “Mam what happened?” I told him what had happened. He told me that the girl was bugging him from the previous day. He showed me all her sms
1st sms: Hi da… how are you?
2nd sms: Sorry the sms was for my friend. By mistake it reached you
3rd sms: I am not playing with you…..sorry if you were disturbed
4th sms: After calling you and talking with you I feel good…..your voice is nice…..can we be friends…….
5th sms: Will you accept me as your new friend
This reminded me of something that happened last week (not the first time). It must be around 8.00 PM....mobile was ringing. A unknown number. Picked up and ........
Me: hello
Mr.X: Shekar…..can you call Shekar
Me: Shekar….i think you have dialed a wrong number……no one by name Shekar here. ( I disconnected)
Again the mobile rings after 10 mins. I pick up
Me: hello
Mr. X : Hey Viji ….give it to Shekar…….don’t play Viji……..i know its you…Shekar must be beside you……give it to him…I wanno talk to him…….
Me: You have dialed a wrong number ( I disconnected)
My mobile rings again indicating the arrival of an sms
1st sms: Its me who called up now. Your voice is very sweet. Wanted to hear your voice again that’s why I called up. Can we be mobile friends?
2nd sms: Why are you keeping quiet…I just want your friendship
3rd sms: Plz…why don’t you understand ….i am not asking money…all I want is your friendship
Me getting irritated replied: if you have any other business go and mind that…..i don’t have time for all this nuisance
4th sms: don’t think me as a Nuisance……I will be a good friend..and if you see me you will never want to miss me……I am handsome……
5th sms: Don’t miss me
I switched off my mobile and slept off
Morning few of my students send me daily bread (bible verses). I switched on to read them. One by one I received them as usual.
A call at 6.45 AM……me getting irritated…..who is that bugger calling me at this time…coz none dare call me at that time……I always loved 6.00 AM to 7.30 AM sleep or just rolling in my cozy bed….without seeing the number I said hello ….that same stupid guy……I disconnected ............again ringing….again I disconnected………again its ringing…….again I disconnected….the drama goes on for some more time……getting irritated I said "you don’t have any other work.. why are you bugging me…..now stop this nonsense…” Mr.X on the other side "I want to see you today…..and I am coming to meet you…..get ready to meet me…..it’s a fixed program …no excuses……” I replied “ never possible” and disconnected.
Me in a laboratory morning 11.45 AM …..He calls……me bit scared…..didn’t know what to do…Dr. AAMP my colleague near me……gave him the mobile and told him this fellow is bugging me from yesterday…just ask him what he wants……Dr.AAMP says “ hello” . Mr.X disconnected this time…….and never connected again…..

No comments: